We ran a workshop for Fairtrade Fortnight showing you how to make quick and easy banana ice pops. This recipe has no no added sugar but you can add syrup if you like it sweet.
You’ll need a blender, mould and sticks. This recipe will make about 4 large or 8 mini pops depending on the size of moulds used.
Top Tip! Freeze the moulds before.
- Bananas – 2-3 (we opt for Fairtrade & Organic)
- Milk – coconut milk or your preferred choice aprox 250 ML
- Vanilla extract – 1 – 2 teaspoons
- Optional syrup to sweeten such as agave or maple, or sugar
- Optional extras like fruit, choc chips or nuts or chocolate to dip
Pop a couple of sliced bananas in your mixing jug. Add about double the quantity of milk.
Mix with a blender.
Add vanilla extract to taste and stir in.
You want a thickish mix which will pour out.
Taste your mix and add more banana, vanilla or syrup if required.
Pour into moulds.
Add choc chips, fruit pieces or nuts if you like.
Cover and place in the freezer.
Add the sticks after 20 minutes.
Freeze for 5-8 hours.
Demould your pops as per usual.
For silicone moulds unpeel the pop.
For traditional upright moulds, dip the mould carefully in warm water for 5-10 seconds.
You can dip your pops in Fairtrade choc and add nuts or sprinkles.
Thanks to our lovely bunch for joining in!
Frozen banana smoothies!! Success! Super good!!!